…. wait. It’s May? Definitely had the plan to post this much earlier, but alas, I’ve been in bed all day with a skyrocketing fever. So hopefully everything in this monthly favorites post makes sense! Without further ado, here is my list of products that I have been loving in the month of April!
My favorite products from the month of April:
- Pixi + Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse (Solid Cleansing Oil and Cleansing Cream) – Oil is starting to become a big trend in the beauty industry for removing makeup. I purchased this at the end of March per another blogger’s recommendation, and I’m so glad I did. This product has an oil side as a step one to remove makeup and then a cleansing cream to finish. I still use my trusty Bioderma for removing makeup and for pre-cleansing, but the oil side of this really does melt your makeup off. It also exfoliates and keeps the skin from being stripped of its nutrients. I have oily/combination skin, but I feel like this would work for any skin type.
- Pixi Overnight Glow Serum – If I’m being totally honest, I never got into using a serum every night before this one. Toners are another thing I have issues with because they can dry out and irritate my skin. This serum is amazing. I use it directly after my double cleanse, and it has little particles that help exfoliate prior to moisturizing. The only drawback to this is the dropper. But I just smear what’s on the outside of the dropper onto my face and everything is fine and dandy.
- Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patch – Where. Were. These. All. My. Life. ?!? These little patches are miracle workers. I’m not even exaggerating. High school me is offended these weren’t around when I had a solar system orbiting my face (or maybe they were around, and that would be even more depressing). For anyone struggling with breakouts, you need these in your life. You can apparently wear these under makeup during the day, but I prefer to wear them overnight. You do need to make sure there’s no moisture on your face before applying or the sides will peel up, but they stay on all night during my tossing and turning. They also will completely shrink a breakout to practically nothing, or get rid of it completely. YAS HON-NEY.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette – Can we just take a moment? I don’t even know where to begin. The color selection is incredible and every single color in this palette is gorgeous. They’re also freakishly pigmented. I’m not going to lie, the first time I played with this I went a little too ham. This is a palette that you need to lightly dust your brush in, and then give it a hard tap to prevent fall out. But the shadows blend like an absolute dream, and there are so many looks you can create. I wouldn’t say this is my “in a rush” palette, but it’s definitely my go-to.
- Bumble and Bumble Pret-a-Powder Dry Shampoo – One of my biggest complaints as a brunette is the ugly white caste that dry shampoos can leave on the hair. It also doesn’t help that my hair is wavy/curly so I can’t brush the product through. This is amazing. It’s a powder so it’s easier for me to work through my hair, and its other ingredients give your hair extra volume. At first I was nervous at the size of the bottle, but this little thing has lasted over 3 months and I’m not even out yet.
- Renpure Biotin & Collagen Shampoo and Argan Oil Conditioner – So there are 12 toxic ingredients you should avoid in hair care products (I’ll wait for you to Google). The top ingredient in most shampoos is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate/Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS), which is found in cleaning products like detergent. Gross. My previous post on my Ride or Die Leave-In Conditioner (read here) goes more in-depth on my hair care, but I have been loving this shampoo and conditioner duo. They’re also only $4-6 bucks at Target or Walmart depending on the size you get.
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer – It took me some time to get on the cult bandwagon, but I’ve passed the point of no return. No going back. Personally I don’t have bad dark circles under my eyes, but this is a full-coverage kind of lady if that’s what you’re looking for. (If you have bad discoloration, I’d recommend the Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid to go underneath your concealer.) I use this product to brighten and naturally highlight, which means using 1-2 shades lighter than your foundation. I don’t use this on blemishes. Personally I prefer to use pump concealers for any imperfections, and wand concealers for under the eyes and in the T zone to highlight. For blending purposes, I’d recommend a damp Beauty Blender or whatever your favorite alternative is.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer – I originally chose this as one of my 100 point rewards from Sephora, and after I used it for the first time, I went back to the store and got two more of the 100 point samples. Obsessed since day one. I wouldn’t say this primer extends the longevity of my makeup, but I can absolutely say my makeup glides on and sits beautifully on top of this primer.
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream – You guys… L’Occitane does not joke around. My husband has really dry skin, so their hand and foot creams are the only ones that quench the amount of moisture his skin needs. I also have a tendency to wear shoes that are not friendly to my heels, so this is literal perfection. You can also put a bunch of this on your feet and then put on socks or bags for a more serious foot soak.
Other monthly favorites:
- Show – Gilmore Girls, Will & Grace
- Drink – Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka with lemonade
- My husband’s blog – Yes, it counts! My husband is an amazing writer. He writes about our relationship with Jesus (more his than mine of course), and I love sitting down and reading the things God puts on his heart. Check his blog out here.
So that’s it for my favorites for the month of April! Thank you for all of the sweet birthday wishes. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog so you can get lovely notifications for when I post new and exciting things. See you next time!