Hello everybody! Following my birthday and the Sephora VIB sale, I thought I would share all of the products I’ve accumulated with you in a makeup haul and give my opinions/first impressions if it’s my first time purchasing. Full disclosure: Bioderma sent me the three products at the bottom of this post and they arrived on my birthday so I thought I’d include them in this beauty and makeup haul. Everything else I purchased with my own money (or someone else purchased them for my birthday). So let’s get started!
- Bronzed Mocha and Copper Bundle (25A & 25B) – Morphe’s packaging for their palettes remind me of middle/high school where there’s a ton of shadows in one enormous palette. *Cue NSYNC* I love how affordable Morphe is, though many of the shades are similar between the two palettes in this bundle. My recommendation is to pick whether you’re a copper queen or a mocha diva and call it a day if you’re looking at these. But if you suffer from makeup hoarder syndrome, then by all means get both like I did. I’ve only tried one look, so still deciding my final thoughts.
- I picked out another palette to try: Natural Beauty Palette (12NB)
- E4 – Angled Contour brush – I’m beyond excited for this brush. It’s got the best angle for blush. I guess you could use this to contour or bronze, but for me it’s going to be a blush brush. I love the level of precision it gives me and my entire cheek doesn’t end up pink. (My old blush brush was a bit of a flight risk when I wasn’t careful)
- E2 – Round Powder brush – YAS HONEY. These brushes are so flippin’ soft. It’s amazing. They distribute the product really evenly and it’s about 2 1/2 times the size of my Real Techniques powder brush. You know what they say: it doesn’t matter how great the products are, if the brushes suck, your look will too. That’s harsh, but really. It’s like painting your living room walls with a streaky brush and then complaining it doesn’t look right. So I have high hopes for these.
- So I went ahead and bulked up my collection by placing another order… These haven’t arrived quite yet, but I ordered:
- Benefit Hoola Lite Bronzer – I held off on buying the original Hoola bronzer since I’m paler than Casper. I gotta say it though… I hate the packaging. I’m glad you don’t lose product when you dip your brush in… but really I hate the bulkiness of the packaging. The bronzer is good. It goes on light, so it’s hard to mess it up. I have to take a little time building it up to what I want, but overall I like it. It also has a flowery scent, but I’m not mad about it.
- Nars Blush in Orgasm – Another cult item. Though if I’m being honest, I’m not a huge fan of glittery looking blush. I will say that if you have a light hand and used this as a blush/highlighter duo on top of a minimal makeup look, then it would totally work for you. I think I personally will reach for my Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Paaarty over this one, but it’s still pretty and I’m glad I got it.
- BVLGARI Omnia Coral perfume – I got the deluxe size as a VIB reward (does that count for a beauty-makeup haul item?), so it’s a tiny version of the two linked circles. Kind of adorable. I hate there’s no actual spray, I definitely spilled some when I first opened it. But I’m obsessed with this scent. It’s a pretty fruity/floral scent, but covered in a deeper scent I can’t quite put my finger on. Get a sample the next time you’re in Sephora to test out.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer – This was featured in my April beauty favorites post (read here), where I basically went through 3 of the 100 point rewards at Sephora. I felt that was long enough to realize I love this primer. I can’t say this makes my makeup last longer, but I can say the application is much smoother.
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream – Another April beauty favorite. Joseph and I share this, and it’s amazing. It’s definitely not your typical moisturizer, but that’s great for tired/dry/cracked feet.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – So I know a lot of people are flipping out over the RCMA No Color Powder. But if I’m being 100% honest, Laura Mercier still wins for my skin. I use RCMA to set my under eye area since it’s a thinner consistency, but for my oily/combination skin, Laura Mercier is still bomb.
- Muji Japan 4 Layers Facial Cotton Pad – These are awesome. They start out as a larger pad, but can split apart into 4 layers, which is perfect for when I’m removing my makeup with my Bioderma. What I like best is that they don’t waste product like using cotton balls or other pads (or toilet paper if you’re that girl, no judgment). To be honest, you can buy anything like this from the drugstore, but since they come in a huge package and are inexpensive, I continue to repurchase.
- Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patch – I almost don’t like mentioning these, but technically they’re a part of my beauty-makeup haul since I love them so much. I’m afraid of running out! Check out my April favorites post if you want to know why.
- Sensibio H20 Solution – Bioderma’s solution is hands-down one of the best makeup removers/pre-cleanses ever in my book. Like we’re ride or die level. My preference is the Sebium line for the H2O solution (and I always choose the one with the pump) since I have oily/combo skin. This one in particular is for sensitive skin, but it’s still amazing. I’d say the 500ml lasts about 4 months, maybe slightly more for me.
- Hydrabio Serum – If your skin is at all dehydrated, this stuff will do it for ya. I prefer to use this in the evening because the heavier consistency helps hydrate my skin overnight. I would highly recommend if you have dry/dehydrated/combination skin!
- Sebium Pore Refiner – A new obsession for me, and I will definitely repurchase. I use it primarily in my T zone prior to my primer. None of Bioderma’s products irritate my sensitive skin, and it wears beautifully under makeup.
That’s it! Some of these were repeat purchases for me in this beauty-slash-makeup haul (which I personally love hearing about those from people since it shows they love it enough to keep on buying it), and some of these are brand spanking new. I’ll keep you updated on how I’m enjoying these in the future. Have a wonderful weekend and I will see you next time!