Came home last night to a surprise in my mailbox! Monthly subscription boxes have become kind of a thing, from BoxyCharm to Ipsy to BarkBox, it seems like there’s a box for every hobby. Since I have a slight obsession with makeup, I decided to try out the Sephora Play! box.
This month’s theme for the Sephora Play! Box was “The Rising Stars.” It featured cult favorites, unique formulas, and one of a kind brands making waves in the industry.
- Magnetic Matte Lip Color in Greystone by Nudestix – Greystone? YAS. That swatch had me swooning. The color is a gorgeous cool toned brown, and I definitely plan to put its claim of 9 hour wear to the test. It’s really creamy in texture. If it doesn’t slide around and isn’t drying on the lips I may have found a new favorite for my upcoming monthly favorites post. (Check out April’s here) Update: if you want a matte grey-toned brown lipstick, get Colourpop’s Pillow Talk. Personally I like it better.
- Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser by Sunday Riley – The jury isn’t out on this one yet since I’ve only used it once. I have quite a few skincare products I’m obsessed with, so since I wasn’t blown away, this one may go to Joseph.
- Clear Lip Plumper by Grande Lips – Lip plumpers aren’t usually my thing since they typically sting and are uncomfortable with little results. I was slightly uncomfortable at first, but as it stayed on the lips, I started really liking it. My lips felt hydrated and it definitely did the job. Me likey!
- Highlight + Perfect Multipurpose Stick in Maldives Luminescent by Trestique – I’m so stinkin excited for this product. The swatch is gorgeous, not sparkly at all (thank goodness) but it has a beautiful luminosity to it. As someone will combo/oily skin, I struggle to find anything luminous that compliments my skin and acts as an easy highlight that doesn’t bring out texture on my cheeks. #GlowFromWithin
- Replica perfume by Maison Margiela – Not my favorite… to the point that it’s not pictured above because I gave it to my friend Hayley when I saw her at work today. Keep in mind that she loved it. I’m not a beach person, so the fact this smells straight up like the ocean mixed with salt and lemon wasn’t terribly appealing to me. If you’re a beach girl, check it out. If you’re a winter-mountain chick like me, maybe pass.
- Cleansing Purifying Scrub by Christophe Robin – Not gonna lie, $53 bucks is a STEEP price for anything. Probably the worst luck ever because I LOVE this product. My hair was squeaky clean after washing it with this, but it didn’t strip it. Maybe if you used this only when your hair was in desperate need of a thorough clean and then a mask, it would last a lot longer…
That’s it for this box! PS: It’s pretty cool that if you show your Play! card in-store, you get 50 bonus Beauty Insider points. I love my samples! What are your favorite monthly subscription boxes? Leave me a comment down below and I’ll be sure to check them out. Have a great weekend!