Monthly Favorites – March
Monthly favorites are definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. It doesn't matter if it's a blog post, a video, or if I'm chatting with the girls around the water cooler. I love hearing about products that my friends and family are enjoying, and I love sharing the amazing ones that I find. Below is a list of products that I have been loving in the month of March that I've compiled to share with you!Read more.
My favorite products from the month of March:
- GlamGlow POUTMUD Wet Lip Balm Treatment - I purchased this upon recommendation from a random person I encountered in Sephora. I was pulling out my Blistex for the 3rd time, and she told me this product changed her life. And it's definitely a game-changer. A little goes a LONG way. It doesn't sting, but it heals chapped or even border-line bleeding lips. My lips feel hydrated for much longer than when I used Blistex or Chapstick. It also doesn't have a nasty smell that these types of products tend to have. Check it out here.
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana perfume in Bourbon - I'm a huge fan of the Nirvana collection. I purchased both Nirvana White and Black about a year ago, and I will layer them or wear them separately. I smelled the new rose scent prior to the Bourbon one because I thought I would prefer it... NOPE. The rose one is definitely not for me. But this one is hands-down my favorite. It has a woody, vanilla scent. It's deep and perfect for the evening. This brand is by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, and no lie, when I smell this I think of Winning London when they stroll into the gentleman's club clearly looking like girls. Check it out here.
- Bioderma Sebium H2O Purifying Cleansing Solution - I use this as a makeup remover/pre-cleanse. This product is one of France's best kept beauty secrets. I purchased mine on Amazon so I could get the one with the pump. The Sebium line is for oily/combo skin, and I'm obsessed. (Don't use this on your eyes though) It balances your skin so it feels soft and smooth, and it doesn't feel greasy at all. I will actually remove my makeup when I get home from work and then wait to wash my face until going to bed. Bioderma is a definitely brand that I will be trying out more of their products. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they showed up in another monthly favorites post. Check it out here.
- Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray - I wrote an entire blog post about this miracle in a bottle. (Click here to read the post) It's amazing, I'm in love. I bought it for my mother-in-law to use and now she's in love too. Check it out here.
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette - First of all, the palette smells like cocoa powder. But what I love most is how easy to blend the shadows are. They don't have much kick-up at all during application, and the color pay-off is top notch. I also love the fact that all of the colors are useable. Normally in palettes I have a couple shadows that I don't touch, but that isn't the case with this one. The longevity is also amazing and they're a creamy texture, but not to the point that you have to keep changing brushes to get them to work with you. I've found that I've reached for this more than my Kat Von D Shade + Light palette (which is also amazing). Check it out here.
- Rimmel Brow This Way Brow Sculpting Kit - Don't get me wrong, my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz is wonderful. But this is SO much friendlier on your wallet, and lately I've been obsessed with the look it gives me. It's less than 5 bucks, and I actually like the brush that's included. (I usually don't use them.) The look is so natural and perfect for the fuller brow look that's in style right now. Check it out here.
- KL Polish Das Esspensive - Ok, this one was limited edition... so unfortunately you can't get this particular one. But I was so impressed with this nail polish, so I had to include it in my monthly favorites. It was created by Kathleen Lights for her birthday, and it's a gorgeous champagne color with a foiled look to it. It has some flecks of sparkle in it, but not over kill, which is perfect for me. What I loved about this is how long it lasted. I got a solid 2 weeks without chipping. I just recently ordered two others, so I'm not sure if that's true for all of her polishes, but that was beyond impressive to me. Check out her other shades here.
- Colourpop Matte Liquid Lip in Point Zero - Speaking of Kathleen Lights, this liquid lip is from her collab with Colourpop. An important thing to know about this brand... the color in the tube is not the color that will be on the lips. It makes it a bit difficult for online shopping, but they have so many amazing products you will fall in love with. Point Zero is a brownish grey, definitely darker than the photo on the website. But it's gorgeous. I get at least 10 comments each day I wear this. It compliments any skin tone, and any hair color. Obsessed. Check it out here.
- Leaders AC Clear Treatment Mask - I reviewed this product in my Korean skincare blog post, (read it here) but it still deserves a shout-out on my monthly favorites. This mask is amazing. My skin is clearer, hydrated, and much more even since using these. Check it out here.
Other monthly favorites:Song - Work This Body by Walk the Moon, but How Does a Moment Last Forever by Celine Dion has been on repeat lately Album - Divide by Ed Sheeran Film - Beauty and the Beast Internet Plug-In - Honey (check out my Resources page for more info) So that's it for this monthly favorites post! I know I had pretty much all beauty products this month, but trust me that won't always be the case. Let me know in the comments section below what products you've been loving and I will be sure to give them a try! J.
My Ride-Or-Die Leave-In Conditioner
Apparently winter is set on rearing its ugly head in March, rather than showing up to the party back in November. I have medium length, but thick hair. It's a strange mixture of waves and curls, so I typically only brush my hair before I shower so I'm not sporting a hot mess all day. This creates a bit of a dilemma in the winter since my scarves and coats end up giving me some nasty tangles in the back of my hair. Which really just means that half of my hair ends up on my brush or stuck in the drain. Leave-in conditioner is a must in my hair care routine.Read more.