Monthly Favorites – May
This month flew by… I want to say this was my busiest month in a while. I will update some more in an upcoming post, but for now let’s just dive right into my monthly favorites!
My favorite products from the month of May:
- Benefit Hoola Lite Bronzer – Being as pale as Casper, I must say I’m so pleased Benefit released a bronzer that is light enough for my skin tone. I love using this product to warm up my face prior to using Kat Von D’s Shade & Light contour palette to more precisely carve out my cheeks. If you’re pale and/or a novice to makeup, I’d highly recommend this. It’s subtle, easy to build as well as blend.
- Naples Sunkissed Sea Salt Scrub – My experience with this brand is literally brand spanking new. I was sent their sea salt scrub in the mail, and I was so surprised how much I loved it, I had to include it in May’s monthly favorites. What I love about this product is that it’s got that salty-sandy texture that exfoliates beautifully, but it also has shea butter and oils infused in the formula to keep your skin hydrated. The scent is strong, which usually would bother me, but this one is amazing and I love that it lingers on the skin. I use this especially on my feet since I wear heels so often and it’s been working wonders. I also love that this brand is cruelty-free, vegan, and handmade in the US.
- Cleansing Purifying Scrub by Christophe Robin – I mentioned this in my monthly Sephora subscription box post, (check it out here) and I’m not going to lie, I was mad at how much I loved this product. But it really gets the job done. It’s a bit expensive, but if you need to scrub your scalp of hairspray, dry shampoo, whatever, this is your best friend. It’s a small tub, but if you only use it once a week, it’ll last a lot longer. Pro-tip: I like to put my hand under the water to break up the texture a bit before using so I don’t use as much product.
- Highlight + Perfect Multipurpose Stick in Maldives Luminescent by Trestique – This is the 2nd item from my Sephora Play! post to make it into my favorites, and for good reason. For the girl who loves a glow from within without something chalky or powdery, this is perfect. The only complaint I have is that it doesn’t play nice when going over a setting powder, so you would need to put this on over foundation and then lightly set the face.
- Morphe E4 Brush – There’s been some drama in the beauty community regarding Morphe, but I’m only here to keep it real. There are some Morphe products I’m not a huge fan of, but this brush in particular I definitely am. It’s incredibly soft, and it applies my blush amazingly. Some people use it for contour, but you do you.
- Zoella Scooper Dooper – I have a growing list of Youtubbers I enjoy watching, and Zoe Sugg (Zoella) has become one of them. To support her, I decided to try out one of her lovely products and I definitely chose an awesome one. This makes such an amazing bubble bath. I take a scoop out of the tub with my hand and run it under the water and soon I have a bath full of bubbles that smells great and makes my skin feel smooth.
Other monthly favorites:
- COFFEE (I’m a huge fan of Italian roasts)
- KL Polish
- The New Yorker
- Fried pickles
So that’s it for my favorites for the month of May! Be sure to leave me some recommendations of what you’d like for me to try out next! Also feel free to give me suggestions on any new topics I should explore 🙂