Recipe: Protein-Packed Spinach Smoothie
I hate mornings. Nothing good ever comes before 11am. However, since we have to go to work in the morning, and I’m told it’s good to eat breakfast, it means that whatever I have for breakfast can’t be difficult to make. I like to have smoothies in the morning because it means that I can pack in protein, antioxidants and any other healthy powder into one drink. Today I’m going to share with you the recipe Joseph has come up with for my spinach smoothies. It’s like The Green Monster, but way better.
For this recipe, these are the main benefits for each ingredient:
- Spinach – includes folate, vitamin C, niacin, riboflavin, and potassium
- Banana – high in potassium and gives you energy
- Almond/coconut milk – free of cholesterol, saturated fat, and is naturally lactose free
- Cacao powder – contains more than 20 times the antioxidant power of blueberries; also 4 times more powerful than dark chocolate (helps that it satisfies the natural chocolate craving)
- Hemp protein powder – protein heavy powder for women because it contains all the 21 known amino acids
- Nut butter/PB Fit – another protein benefit, but also fills you up
- Honey – adds a tiny bit of natural sweetness, and also is amazing for natural energy
I’ve linked my favorite brands for each ingredient in the list above, but feel free to find the brands that work best for you. These are the ones I’ve found that have the purest list of ingredients, but are still a good price.